What Is Cork Spray?
Cork is widely used as a stopper for wine bottles. However, this is only the beginning of its potential. When cork granules are processed into a sprayable coating, they can enhance the look and function of residential and commercial buildings.
ThermaShield—a leading manufacturer of cork spray products in Phoenix, AZ—uses an innovative formula for producing superior cork spray products. This includes both wall and roof coatings.
Aesthetic Enhancements for Your Residential or Commercial Building
ThermaShield’s cork spray can be applied directly over your current exterior or interior. In fact, cork spray instantly seals cracks and gaps. Thus, it makes your home more pest-resistant. Plus, cork spray will boost your home’s curb appeal.
At ThermaShield, we offer a wide selection of colors. In fact, you can choose from shades of brown, tan, gray, white, red, green, and many more. If you don’t see something that suits your décor preferences, just ask us about mixing your own custom color.
The Cork Spray Application Possibilities
Cork spray effectively adheres to a wide range of surfaces, making it a truly versatile material. It also offers the following benefits:
- Blocks moisture, thus inhibiting mold growth
- Protects timber frames
- Adheres to roofing, including metal roofing
- Ideal as a top coat on concrete or bricks to enhance aesthetics and durability
- Appropriate top coat for stucco or other siding materials
- May be used to add insulation to tanks and silos
Benefits of Cork Spray
Cork spray enhances the aesthetic appeal of buildings, but it also offers the following functional benefits:
- Excellent energy efficiency
- Resistance of moisture, condensation, mildew, and mold
- Noise deadening
- Lightweight for building integrity
- Breathable and hypoallergenic, yet durable “skin” for buildings
Test Certificates: Quality You Can Trust
Our manufacturer ensures that the use of a continual spray for buildings, exterior walls, and other application sites meets the requirements of the Technical Code of Construction.
Here at ThermaShield, we stand behind the quality and effectiveness of our cork spray products. Our products have undergone a range of different testing procedures. These include the following:
- Evaluation of external fire exposure to roofs (UNE-ENV 1187:2003)
- Reaction to fire classification Broof (UNE-EN 13501-5:2005)
- Evaluation of difference in color, post-aging (UNE-EN ISO 4892-3:2006)
- Pull-off test that evaluates adhesion (UNE-EN ISO 4624:2003)
- Evaluation of transmission properties (UNE-EN 12086:1998)
- Determination of dimensional stability under certain temperature and humidity conditions (UNE-EN 1604-1997)
- Evaluation of compression behavior (UNE-EN 826:1996)
- Determination of tensile strength perpendicular to faces (UNE-EN 1607-1997)
Ready to Get Started?
The future of sustainable and environmentally responsible building is here. Contact ThermaShield in Phoenix, AZ, to find out how cork spray can improve the look and energy efficiency of your home or commercial building.